Wednesday 30 December 2020

2020 rear view



2020 has been a strange year filled with trepidation, confusion, unexpected challenges, restrictions, idiots, loony politicians, facemasks and wayyy too much time at home. One thing it has proved is that human stupidity is able to spread faster than any virus. 



While 2020 has had its challenges it’s not been all bad for me. The lockdowns has helped me to get some decent hobby time in. This year’s hobby tally is:


Figures painted: 100

Figures reworked: 22

Terrain finished: 32

Terrain reworked: 1

Vehicles finished: 2

Vehicles reworked: 0


Not a bad tally, that is nearly two figures painted a week which was my aim this time 12 months ago. Especially when I think that I have had a few weeks of mojo loss here and there. The tally has been massively helped by painting some 15mm scale. There is has been a fair bit of terrain knocked out too.  I even got a game in! 



The hobby bingo card got to about 85% complete. I missed painting a 20mm figure, convert a Hotwheels and convert a 10 figure (plenty of these still available should anyone want one!). The hobby bingo card was a good way to stay focused but I doubt I will keep it up in 2021.


Despite the lockdowns I didn’t get half of what I had planned hobbywise done and it didn’t take long to fall off the no purchases wagon. Saving money on the commute to work did allow for a few new purchases. 



That’s all for now....If I don’t get a chance to post....


Happy New Year, I hope 2021 is a better, more stable year for us all. Hopefully we will get a break on the war on Covid 19 and we can return to a more normal life. 


I hope you enjoy bringing in the new year in whatever way you choose. That’s if you don’t choose to spend it with the lights off hiding behind the couch, which looking back is perhaps how we should have all celebrated 2020 new year! I plan to spend the new year relaxing, eating cheese, drinking beer and watching a die hard marathon. 


Stay safe and healthy. Catch you all in 2021! 





No comments:

Post a Comment