Saturday 12 September 2020

Mushroom forest, weird tree, toxic pools and fantasy terrain.


Hello and welcome back. 


In this post I have some new bits of terrain to show off.  First up - the mushroom patches.


A couple of years back I spotted a bag of mushroom Xmas tree decorations when out on our annual pilgrimage to various Christmas stores. 

 Once home I trimmed the fixing wire off and flattened the bottoms off. Grabbing some spare bits of blue foam, a couple of CDs and the hot glue gun. Pretty soon I had two cd’s of mushrooms. 

Then Christmas arrived and the hobby stuff was stored. The models were forgotten about until a couple weeks ago. The bases were then flocked and painted. Then the mushrooms got a lick of paint. Static grass and grass tufts were avoided so I can use these in cave/tunnel systems. 



I like these models as they are not only genre neutral (I can use them in my fantasy games) but they can also feature in 15mm games as a forest. 


In keeping with the Christmas theme there is also this weird mutant or alien tree. 


This started life as the tip of a Christmas tree. I kept it and dried it out. It was then glued to a plastic gift card as a base. Flocked, painted and done. Quick easy terrain. I may have to salvage bits of this years tree too.


This resin toxic pool/pipe set I have had for a couple of years. It is too long ago to recall the manufacturer. They got primed and put to one side. I gave them a quick paint job. 




Looking at them I think they might need a couple of coats of gloss varnish on the toxic goo just to finish them off. 


Speaking of resin I picked up these bits for my fantasy setting earlier this year. Not sure of the manufacturer as I got them from Amazon. 



They will work for Post Apoc townships too.


Thanks for looking. 


Take care out there.


4 comments:

  1. All the pieces here look great, but the mushrooms are most definitely my favourites. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tree and slime pools are great. Especially that trees, looks very good and mutated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the mushrooms, warlord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get some mutated mushroom men next.

      Delete