Sunday 3 January 2021

New additions for my table

Hello and welcome back.

I had some Amazon vouchers burning a hole in my pocket from Christmas. So I plumbed for some gale force 9 Aliens stuff. 

First up is these assets and hazards.



They will be handy for adding dressing to bunker/vault explorations. I may try to make a press mould of the face huggers so they can be used to decorate various bits of terrain. The set may also make good dressing for those folks with a thing for the Necromunda Underhive or Judge Dredd/Strontium Dogs settings.
As if the denizens of Mattblackgod’s world don't have enough problems I also got these:

Each alien body has a option of two heads, which the spares may also be useful for set decoration. Or possibly a head swap with a genestealer. As I also have the Warlord Judge Dredd set still to paint I guess I will be able to run some Dredd vs Aliens games. 

The figures are 30mm and are multipart hard plastic. So they should fit nicely with the rest of my 28mm stuff. 

As the prices aren’t too bad I ordered the Queen and Solaco set with the lifter. £12 for the queen compared to £30-ish for the 40K ambull. No brainer really. Although a quick google search had the dreaded Ambull sets are currently coming in at a whopping £120!! Are people mad?? 

I guess that my figure buying embargo for 2021 has gone south already. 


Thanks for looking. 

Take care out there and remember they mostly come at night.....mostly.  


3 comments: