Friday 9 August 2024

Bangarang Terrain.

Hello and Welcome Back, 

As regular visitors to my blog will know, I recently got into building Beadbots with the intention of playing the Bangarang game. As well as the Beadbots the game requires some stackable terrain and bridges for the bots to fight around. 

The terrain is required is 4 off 2 x 2 x 2 inch stacks, and 4 off 2 x 4 x 2 inch stacks with 2 bridges. I started off building stacks from junk in the bits box to reflect the background of the Gutterlands (the setting for the Bangarang game). Halfway through, I got the idea to build shacks as they would have more versatility. 


Again the shacks are built from junk laying about. There is a bit of recycling cards I was using to punch rivets out of. The sharp eyed amoung you will notice that the stacks aren't exactly the same sizes. It's because I was junk building and to my mind such structures wouldn't be exact. Thankfully the slight size differences don't interfere with the stackablity of the models. 

Paint was started with quick rattle can primer. They then got a coat of watered down textured paint for the grot factor. After a quick coat of brown acrylic craft paint, they got some orange rust spots and washes. Then a metallic dry brush to highlight parts and make details pop. At this point I picked out the coloured panels to break up the paint scheme. A couple of brown and orange washes then tied the models together. Then it was the fun part. detailing, graffiti and posters. 


These stackable models make for interesting picture backdrop for figures, especially as you can mix them up to keep the background interesting (check out my recent figure posts as the terrain is in the background). As well as the Bangarang these models will be used for my Mad Dan’s Scrapyard setting. That said I suspect the shacks will creep onto many other tables too. 

I enjoyed making these models and I am thinking of making more in the near future. 


Thanks for looking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment