Sunday 29 September 2024

Old 40K building rework.

Welcome back,

Back in the mists of time, fresh with enthusiasm and inspiration from the newly released 40K Rouge Trader book, I knocked together this bit of terrain for my Orks and Marines to fight over. Digging through some old boxes I stumbled upon it and thought it would be a good candidate for a rework.


It was made from a plastic tub (possible margarine) and had a sweet tub on top. The door was painted on. In the illustration I have cut part of the original door way out using a soldering iron. In my enthusiasm I forgot to take pictures of it unmolested.

Reviewing the model I decided to keep the lip at the bottom as a kind of step and to give it more of a hatch look. Keeping the rim and lip would also help keep the strength of the tub that forms the base of the model. But the doorway would need some height adding.
Carefully the door way was cut out using a soldering iron (ALWAYS melt plastics in a well ventilated area). The door is peice of cerial packet card cut with pinking shear scissors. I was glued to a larger peice of card which locates the door in place and adds bracing to the model. The doorway is made from xps foam and the data panel is also a scrap of xps foam with card to make the screen.


The rest of the model had all manner of bits added to spruce it up. There are stick on pearls, wires, scratch built steps, medical tubing gubbins and other assorted scrap added. 





I think I may have to rework more models in my collection.

Thanks for looking

Take care out there.


2 comments:

  1. Ohhhh! You got me there! This is pure Rogue Trader at its most. There are no words to say how much I like this!!

    ReplyDelete