Sunday 19 July 2020

Anisty Bus wreck and cat “helpers”

Hello and welcome back. 

One of the reasons I don’t get as much hobby progress as I would like is due to this “helper” and his brothers. 



After laying about making a nuisance of himself he then decided to help a bit more. 




Thankfully I had secured the paint pot lids before he decided to “help”. Once he grew bored with playing with my brush he wandered off. Thankfully they weren’t running the tag team system last night to stop me painting. 

Back to hobby time. When I returned to the hobby over 15 years ago, I drooled over the pictures of Ainsty Castings’ School bus. I was playing a lot of Gang related games such as Babylons Burning and Combat Zone. Last year I had some spare bottle caps and finally treated myself to this model.


It is a huge lump of resin and comes with the planks/walkways as separate pieces. 




In most of the internet pictures the bus is painted like a new vehicle. Not really fitting into my post apocalyptic vibe. So I gave it a more rusty old wreck vibe. 

The graffiti was added with Posca paint markers. It took a while but it was worth it. 


Hmm, I think that front grill needs a few more dark washes. Possibly more rust too. 

In addition to the bus I picked up some bits that I don’t already own, suited to the post apocalyptic world. Wrecked girders. 


In addition I picked up some of the Warehouse Girders.

They are pretty vertical. Looking at the bases I think I may have to go back and add some dirt. They are too clean even by a pre apocalyptic standard! 

That’s all for now, thanks for looking. 

Stay safe out there and beware Moggies helping. 




4 comments:

  1. Great bus! No doubt abandoned by zombie survivors after, surprise, all the gas expired. I really like how the paint marker graffiti turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bus is so cool! Nice work on the graffitis. Stick with the cat, even when it's annoying. I save mine for bad times and keep him well fed. You never know...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, the cats are like family. I will be feeding people to them in the post apocalyptic world.

      Delete