Saturday 29 August 2020

The Pumpking

Hello and welcome back, 

And now for something completely different.....and just a bit of fun.


Back in the first release of Ramshackle Game’s Nuclear Renaissance game, there was some background fluff about a character called “The Pumpking”. This bit of fluff amused me no end. Eventually he migrated to Matt Black God’s world. So let me introduce The Pumpking. 


The Pumpking started life as a Last City scavenger. While wandering the wastelands he discovered these strange orange vegetables. He hadn’t eaten for days and decided to risk eating one of the strange looking things.  Thankfully the pumpkin didn’t kill him and to his surprise wasn’t back to eat. He collected the seeds and other pumpkins and returned to Last City.


The Pumpking started a farm and found that the veggies grew very well. They also proved popular with the other residents of the Last City. The Pumpking grew wealthy and was even able to afford a pieced together ramshackle suit of power armour, complete with a stylised pumpkin helmet. He needed the armour to protect his farm and wealth. 



The Pumpking is a EM4 Space Ranger (yes, those again). I was after a bitza looking set of armour, looking like it had been built from different patterns of armour. It had the arms removed and some 40K Space Wolf arms & backpack added. The pumpkin head is a resin head but I cannot recall which company supplied it. Some GW skulls were also added to it, just to Halloween the figure up a bit. 


I have noticed a couple of errors I made during painting. I missed them, maybe I need new glasses. 



In the future, when Curtis has the Ramshackle Games site back up to speed I may convert  one of his figures to make an alternate Pumpking. I should maybe think about creating some cronies for him. 


Stay safe out there and beware the Pumpking! 

2 comments:

  1. Ha! A fun guy :). And you got him done well in advance of Halloween... I rarely do seasonal figures because I never gave time to paint around any holiday...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am usually the same so I started him early.

      Delete