Saturday 27 March 2021

Painting branding scars?

 Hello and welcome back.

I had an idea to add branding scars to some figures. It seems to be a fair chance certain post apocalyptic groups may use it to mark some as property (see Mad Max Fury Road) or as some sort of tribal markings. 

Having done a Google search on branding scars, I didn’t realise just how popular it is as body art. Not my cup of tea I must say. However looking at the scars they go from a very pinky - red (fresh) to pink and the older scars a lighter skin colour. To be honest they don’t look much different to other scars. 

I attacked this old figure as a test piece. As I want a healed branding I went with leather brown with a bone white highlight. I did try a scar pink colour as a highlight but it looked wrong. 


I am not entirely happy with it. What are your thoughts? Ideas to make it look more realistic are welcome. 

Thanks for looking

Stay Safe Out There!

No comments:

Post a Comment