Saturday 5 November 2022

The Asterians

Hello and welcome back.


A couple of months back I picked up the Insurgent Earth rules by Patrick Todoroff. A quick overview of the rule background is that the Earth is attacked by alien invaders and quickly over run. In the game you play a small resistance cell. It is a solo or cooperative game. 


While I have more than enough figures to cover a team of resistance fighters I found that I didn’t have enough for the aliens. For the grunts and solider levels of aliens I chose to use the Necron Skelebots that I have for Zone Raiders Immuncites. For my flavour of Alien Invaders I decided upon robots controlled by a evil alien intelligence who is too smart to actually get involved in the dirty work of combat. 

Meet the Asterians 

But I needed more figures. I needed some figures for the alien elite, lieutenants and boss. Looking about I settled on Mantic Asterian Cyphers as alien elites, Black Talon Prime as a alien Lieutenant and a alien Marionette as the final boss. This also gives me the option of adding to the Cyphers ranks if I feel like it. 

The Cyphers


The figures are painted with Army Painter speed paints. I am not too sold on the scheme I chose for the Cyphers.


The Marionette (L) as the final Boss and the Black Talon Prime (R) as a Lieutenant. 


As I like to get the most from my collection the Asterians will also serve as a Nth Generation gang (think sentient robots with a common construction template) for Zone Raiders. 


Thanks for the looking, take care out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I didn't know of these minis, but they look really great, nice job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great mate. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete