Sunday 23 August 2015

Into the Undercity Pt 3

Hello and welcome back to my blog. 

It has been a busy few weeks here. As usual I try to fit some hobby time in when I can to help me unwind and retain my sanity (for what that is!). It is now time for a update of what I have got done. I have been working largely on undercity terrain. 


An undercity tower. Built from Mantic's Sci Fi Urban  District Kit. Or the remains of a couple of the kits at least. 

Like my other undercity efforts using the Mantic terrain I have painted them to look like salvaged panels and bulkheads from old starships. One of the nice thing is that these pieces could as easily be used out in the Wastelands of Mattblackgod's world. 


I quite like the mantic kits & will get more in future. Some of the clips can be fiddely and I think the kits could do with an extra sprue in the box. I would like to one day (space & cash flow allowing) to make a SF tunnel set or maybe star ship interior from the Mantic kits. 

Another abode from Mantic's SF battlezones kits. 


I printed the posters off on my printer. 


Mantic's SF kits are not the only kits in my collection. There is the old Robogear ones too. Here is another undercity abode. 

This has been based to hide the few millimeters difference in the height with the Mantic terrain. 

I also decided to add a few details to this model. The vent is a Mantic base with embroidery mesh in it. The barrels are from the Mantic accessories sprue. 

The striped access hatch was a spare Robotech panel. I added it and used putty to make it look like crude welds. 

Low cover or supply objectives. These come from a pair of Mantic Accessory Sprues and glued to MDF  bases. 

Undercity (long dead) air purifier. These may also be found out in the wastes from the planetary terraforming days, on the mean streets of Utopia City or with in the City Blocks. They could even be a part of the life support of a star ship or space station. 

The model is an MDF kit by Wargame-Model-Mods. I was going to paint it in my typical grey scheme but I felt like a bit of color.



This kit comes with another building to follow in another post. The kit has plenty of detailing vents and other bits now spare which will be used for detailing other models. 

So far I have to base and detail the other Robogear platformer bits for the Undercity. There is a bunch of Pringles tubes which need to be used somhow in this project. 

Thank you for looking. 

1 comment:

  1. I like the multi-color pieces best of all, more of a dystopian look.

    ReplyDelete