Thursday 24 October 2019

Convert a 10

Welcome back Wanderer, come get warm by the fire. Let me tell you about Ten. 


Over on the Post Apoc Wargames Forum 


https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/


There is a annual challenge set by the Warlord. This year’s challenge was to convert the celebration 10 year figure. See what others have done here:


https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/post_apoc_wargames/warlords-challenge-2019-f59/


Finally I have gotten around to doing the  Warlord’s challenge - Convert a 10 figure. Took me long enough to get motivated. 


I got carried away and forgot to take WIP pictures as I went along. DOH! 


Starting with a 10 figure I had a dig about in the bits box. After uncovering a few different arms from various manufacturers I discovered a pistol wielding arm. The arm came from EM4 Trooper Command arms - which are metal and designed to add a bit of variety to the Combat Zone plastic troopers. 



Carefully I clipped the arm away from the figure and filed it smooth. The shoulder pad had to be removed too. At this point I filled a couple of holes in the cast, mainly in the backpack and sleeping roll. 


The arm was lined up by eye and the spigot trimmed off. The arm was further trimmed to make it fit. After supergluing the arm in place a little greenstuff filler was added. A new shoulder pad was sculpted from greenstuff.

 


Hey presto - done. I meant to add some further pouches but I forgot in my hurry to finish the figure. DOH!!


A simple and fairly quick conversion. I may do more in the future as I still have a pile of these figures (if anyone is interested in getting a 10 figure please contact me at mattblackgod@gmail.com).  


Thanks for looking. Take care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment