Friday 5 June 2020

More 15mm terrain.

I have been busy this week working on bits of 15mm terrain. 

After my last game I realised that my table was looking a bit bare. I am a huge fan of crowded tables with lots of cover. It is a good way to balance well armed forces with poorly armed forces. Plus it looks great visually. This has lead me to a big scatter terrain push. Most of these new bits will be dual use for both post apocalyptic and Sci Fi. 
Some shattered pipes. Who knows what could be hidden in there? Mutant? Stash? A wasteland crazy? The warlord’s lost sock?


These are a part of a universal scaled set I am working on to make a shattered looking wasteland. The hill sections are still WIP. 

The pipes are cut up cardboard tube from inside a kitchen foil roll. They are based on poster board. 

Some old civilian transport pods.

As well as scatter they may serve as loot opportunities. Tech, parts or something that was being transported? Maybe it was used as a stash site? I got a pack of 4 of these from Critical Mass Games a couple of years back. I thought they would make nice wrecks while the remaining pods will see action on my Sci Fi boards, if I ever get around to making them.

They are hot glued to poster board.

Cargo containers are often used for storage and often in post apocalyptic settings, housing. These are made by Brigade Games. 

A common feature of most wastelands is shattered trees. Survivors have long since dragged off any useable wood. 

I am not sure where I got these, they where supplied by a seller on Amazon over a year ago. They are multiscaled so should work with my Hotwheels scale and 28mm stuff.

There is more terrain bits in the pipeline - stay tuned!

Thanks for reading. 
Stay safe out there. 

2 comments:

  1. Lovely work, the pipes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great terrain! Cool to see those SFA troopers from Alternative Armies!

    ReplyDelete