Saturday 31 October 2020

Orktober - The Fungus Boys & Black Skar attak buggy

Welcome back and happy Halloween! 


Orktober is something I have always had the urge to participate in but there was always some other ongoing projects that have prevented my participation. Like most Orkophiles I have always loved Orks and there is a pile of old school Orks waiting to join those in my 30+ year old collection. 


These new additions to my collection will be present on Mattblackgod’s world in the wastelands known as Trogwanna which is largely Ork/Trog dominated wasteland. They are on the world as left over genetically engineered warriors from the wars. 


Another idea that I have is to make the Trogwanna setting into its own world, inspired very loosely by Angelis (the world Gorkamorka is set on), the Mad Max franchise and a variety of other sources. But then Mattblackgod’s world is a setting designed so I can use any figures in my collection and where anything goes. Eventually I am hoping to try and get a few games of Gorkamorka in at some point. 


First up is the Fungus Boyz. 


The boss - Fungus Amnugus. 


I trimmed the bases back to make these newer (& much larger) Orks fit in a Truk. Thinking about it I may try to make a press mould copy of the original Gorkamorka bases. 


The Truk was butchered, stretched to fit more Boyz and a Crows Nest added. This was constructed from a a couple of old pen bodies, lolly pop sticks and a hacked up pill bottle. The crows nest will help spotting scrap out in the wastelands.


This mob could do with a driver and gunner on foot. The models came from a revel rebrand of older GW kits. Now sadly OOP. 


The attak buggy is part of the main clan of the Mattblack Trog - the Black Skarz. This buggy serves to disable enemy vehicles in hit and run tactics. It is a newer model from GW. I find these models need pre painting on the sprue as there are lots of internal details. 


The buggy is a Kustom Booster-blasta kit. It is a great model however I wasn’t too happy with the rear dual wheels as the inner set is moulded into the body. It is a kit that won’t be impossible to hack  up but is does have limitations. It would make a good kit to use for parts but at the prices GW ask I would rather spend the money to supply resin parts from a third party.  


Thanks for looking and beware ghouls and spooks.


Take care out there. 

1 comment: