Saturday 18 December 2021

Rudolf’s Raiders

Hello and welcome back,


I picked up a pack of Rudolf’s Raiders from Alternative Armies, Dwarf Santa’s with black powder weapons really grabbed my attention. I have liked seasonal miniatures ever since I picked up a 40k Space Santa back in the day in the bargain bin for 50p! The added fact that Rudolf’s Raiders are limited additions also adds appeal for me. 



I found these good fun to paint. I am not sure I could get away with displaying them as Christmas decorations. 😂


But where to put them in my collection. They are aren’t fitting for my post apocalyptic or Sci Fi settings. My fantasy setting of Mytharth is black powder free (for now). They will be fun for a seasonal game of some kind. 


I suppose I could use them for Flintloque, I rather like the whimsical figures. Tony Hardwood’s (damfpanzer on various websites) fantastic models has had me fancying trying my hand at models that aren’t my normal wheelhouse. I am tempted trying to copy some of the older buildings locally as a starting point. A plus is that they can be used as terrain in my fantasy setting. 


In addition Flintloque (Napoleonic inspired fantasy) and The Silver Bayonet (Napoleonic Gothic Horror) are both sparking my interest at the minute. The good thing is that both games are skirmish level so don’t need lots of figures in the same uniforms which would have me losing interest as I painted them. The Silver Bayonet can have a mix of uniforms from the nation of choice plus some informal clothing choices for the characters as they are units made from special characters who had fought the supernatural creatures. 


Thanks for looking, take care out there.




1 comment:

  1. They look quite fun indeed! Good thing you don't need a ruleset or any excuse to paint nice minis! :D

    ReplyDelete