Sunday 21 August 2022

Rubble pillars

Hello and welcome back, 


Life has been busy over the last few weeks and I have been approaching the hobby in a scatter gun manner. It’s important to keep the inspiration going as I flit to and from projects. This week I have managed to get a few of them over the finish line so expect a few posts in the next day or two.

I was opening a package a few weeks ago and found a couple of packing pieces of pink foam. Quickly I saw the potential to make some collapsed rubble pillars for my ruins. 

The bases are bits of scrap poster board left over from another project. After undercoating they coat a layer of textured paint. The pillars got painted light grey followed by a white dry brush and a sepia wash. The basing is my usual mixed pot of sand and bits. 

The finished models got some self adhesive grass tufts. have forgone the usual graffiti as I want these in my ancient crumbling ruins set. 


In all a quick and easy project costing only the glue, paint and tufts. I may at some future date return to these and add some rebar and other junk to them. But for now I am happy with them


Thanks for looking. 


Take care out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment