Sunday 21 August 2022

Kosmik’s Sweat Lodge

Hello and welcome back, 


Welcome to Kosmik’s Sweat Lodge. Hallucinations and stench guaranteed. Just pop in here to sweat and hallucinate your troubles away. Rhythmic bongo shamanic drum music supplied for extra. 

This model was a 3D printed building I picked up back in 2014 (Gah where did the time go?). I didn’t really vibe with the model at the time so it sat languishing in the hobby pile.


My main bugbear was the windows looking riveted on. Wracking my brains as to what I could use it for, the Sweat Lodge idea came to me. The model got a couple of coats of brown textured paint to help it fit in with my frontier world terrain and to also try and hide the hideous printer lines on the model. This was followed by a heavy white dry brush and a sepia ink wash. A final white drybrush followed. 


To finish it off, I dry brushed layers of dirt around the bottom of the model and added some extra weathering using weathering pencils. Lots of graffiti and decoration was added as I wanted the building to reflect the character of the owner, a strange character called Kosmik. 


A few posters where added printed off on my inkjet printer. These are mainly wanted posters. 


Just to keep people on their toes I decided to add a slightly more sinister looking bit of graffiti on the top roof/floor. 


Now all I need to do is find a figure for Kosmik. 


Thanks for looking.

Take Care out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment