Monday 24 October 2022

Happy Orktober time

Hello and welcome back,


As it’s Orktober….it’s time to show off what I have been working on this month. Working on the hobby helps distract me from recent family events. Before I press on I have to say thank you to everyone for their kind comments on my last blog post about the  recent passing of my Dad. They mean a lot, sadly for some reason I cannot reply to your comments on Blogger. It keeps saying I am logged out when I attempt it. Thank you all again.


Right on with the Orktober posts. First up is this old metal 40K RT02 Ork. 

He is painted in a Deathskull’s colour scheme which is my favourite Ork Clan. I like that they loot the battlefield and beyond (waits for all the old scouser jokes). This gives the clan a great opportunity of converted “looted” vehicles and equipment which greatly appeals to me. He will be joining my RT02 Ork Deathskulls mob. 


As we all know Orks get bigger, tougher and meaner the more they fight and win. It’s why the Ork Boss is usually the largest and hardest (‘arrdest, sorry) Ork in the warband. I don’t know how many fights this Ork has won…..but I think we are going to need a bigger gun! A much bigger gun! 

This figure is a Grimbatul Giant-Eater a Kickstarter only resin figure by Ramshackle Games. Old Grimbatul is intended for Fantasy games rather than the wastelands of Mattblackgod’s world or the infinite expanses of the Wild Galaxy. But as I of yet have no Fantasy Orcs (I do but they are from the 80’s and in much need of some TLC) he will be a Ork Warboss. A real Mega Boss and I guess he would be a real bullet magnet on the tabletop. 


I chose a paint scheme that would suit the style of the figure which is along the lines of the Snakebite Clan. Plus plenty of rusty metal. It’s not a proper Ork without rusty metal. The Snakebites have a feral old world look to them allowing fantasy figures to be used on the tabletop. 

Grimbatul has a dark elf witch on his shoulder pad which his believes gives him protection in battle. In my settings it will be a psychic Fay Genetically Engineered Life Form (GELF). I like to think of the Fay Wytch as biding her time until Grimbatul is weakened to free herself and exact her revenge. 


That’s my Orktober post done. Onto other seasonal postings. Stay tuned. 


Thanks for looking. Take care out there. 

1 comment:

  1. Great work on the two Orks!
    I agree that Grimbatul works great as a Snakebite Warboss. I also backed the Kickstarter, let's see when I'll get around to painting mine, haha.

    ReplyDelete