Saturday 25 January 2014

Spruecutters #25 Time Managment


Welcome back to my humble blog. This weeks Sprue Cuttters Union question is: 

When do you find the time to model?


Like most of us out there I do not do this hobby full time. I wish I could. It is a hobby and I do it because I enjoy it. Like most of us I have similar time pressures such as work, commuting, family life,chores etc etc. Even though we are unfortunate enough not to have children we do have four cats which despite reputation like to pester me for constant attention. 

Now as there is only the two of us, not including the cats of course, I like to spend as much time as possible with my lady who is my best friend. When I first got into the hobby the time spent locked away did cause some problems. So I came up with a happy compromise - I got a folding TV table. I use this to paint and build as I need while watching TV with my Wife. This way I can spend time with the most important person in my life and enjoy my hobby. Its a win win. 

From time to time I need to do something messy or that smells. So I just grab a bit of time while my good Lady is at work or out & about. 

Actual games get played as and when. Usually weekends or when I am off work. To be honest I wish I had more time to play some games. Maybe one day. 

Like this blog post? Why not see what the other Union members say about this subject? 

The Combat WorkShop
Fill 'n Sand
Miniature and Model Painting
Doogs' Models
Greg's Models
Yet Another Plastic Modeller


How to Join...
Want to join the Sprue Cutters Union? Its simple. If you model and have a blog that is all you need to start. Just write a post in response to the weekly topic, copy the link in the comments section for that week's assignment and you're in! Check out more detail about joining the Sprue Cutters Union.

No comments:

Post a Comment