Sunday 18 September 2022

Pressed card packaging piece WIP pt 2

Hello and welcome back.


So the build slowly rolls forwards. I have been slowly adding details to what I think of as the base of the ruin. 


Some pipes that would have supplied gas, steam, water and removed waste from what was the building above. Some struts and supports for a small walkway to be added. 


The gaps inbetween the columns have had some canvas doors added. These nooks and crannies would be where I imagine some wastelanders would make home. 

In the alcove I added a room at the back behind a canvas door. The other alcove had more pipes added. Above the area some struts with cloth covers to keep the sun off have been added. These are made from water baby wipes that t have been washed clean and left to dry off. 

The gaps on this side have been blocked off with scrap metal to keep intruders out. Some of the pipe work had old cables added. 

I have noticed that the packaging piece is a bit warped and it looks like I can’t straighten it. So I am going to base it. While it’s not what I originally wanted it will allow me to add detail. 

As a bonus there was one extra bit of packaging from the same electrical appliance looked like a old worn concrete pillar. It’s been glued to a CD and had some blue foam “rubble” added around the base. 

There are more updates to follow. Stay tuned. 

Thanks for looking, stay safe out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment