Sunday 11 September 2022

Pressed card packing model WIP.

Hello and welcome back Wanderer, 


This is something I am working on for my Last City setting. I like these pressed card packing pieces. They have a look of old delaminated concrete. Which is great for the ruins of a post apocalyptic world or the remains of some forgotten old colony on a abandoned planet. 

These pieces often remind me of the remains of the foundations of giant old world buildings. In my mind the after people have returned and made the crumbling concrete into a home. 


This build is inspired by the cool models that Ramshackle Games uses in its backdrops. I have no idea what this will become yet, my plan is to let it grow organically as I work on it.  It is slow going so far as I have to wait for bits to dry before continuing on the next part. 

So far the model had some spray foam filler sprayed into the recesses to act as reinforcement. I have built the ladder/staircase using bamboo skewers. The lashing ropes are copper multi strand cores stripped out from old electrical flex. The pipes are card drinking straws while the floor panels are a gift card and beer mat.

Keep watching for more WIP pictures as the build progresses. 


Stay safe out there and take care out there.

8 comments:

  1. I've always loved these buildings, looking forwar to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude these are gonna be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great start. I've also thought of using spray foam to fill up and reinforce flimsy but interestingly shaped items. It's actually pretty robust once it's set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The only issue with spray foam is that some flimsy shapes can be stretched and distorted by the foam. Cheers.

      Delete
  4. Off to a promising start. Looking forward to seeing where the journey takes you with it!

    ReplyDelete