Saturday 17 September 2022

Alice and some Wastelanders

Hello and welcome back. 


Alice and the Wastelanders?! Sounds like a good name for a Post Apocalyptic themed rock band.


Around the campfires of the ruined world people tell tales of the great heroes of the end times and chaos that followed. These stories are popular and give hope to Wastelanders. In some cases they give some moral compass to people who may have never known any parental guidance. Desperate and downtrodden wastelanders often pray to the hero’s of these tales hoping that they may arrive and help them.


A favourite story is Max, the road warrior who fought biker gangs, Warlords and more. Another strong favourite tale is that of Alice. In the stories Alice fight’s evil corporations, hordes of monsters, zombies and crazy cannibal gangs. 


In the picture she looks like she has a 5 o’clock shadow. I have no idea where this shadow comes from as it is not there in the metal. I got this figure in part of a eBay lot a few years ago and it sat half painted for most of that time. I am not sure of the manufacturer possibly lead adventure? I think it may be OOP. 



But there is more….


A typical wastelander. The figure is a old Grenadier one, now carried by Mirliron or EM4. This is the second copy of this figure I have as I like the look of it. Shame Mark Copplestone didn’t sculpt more figures in a similar style. Or as a pack in his Future Wars line (hint, hint). He was painted with whatever colours I had spare on the paint pallet. Waste not wont not and all that. I am thinking of getting a few more and picking them out in various colours so I can use them with the various wasteland gangs I have. 


Another 10 guy. 


I have a few of these ten figures in the pile left over from the Post Apocalyptic Wargames Forum’s 10 year free figure giveaway that I ran a couple of years back. I found this one primed and in the style of the Wastelander above he was painted with whatever paint was laying on the pallet. As this guy is unarmed I plan to use him as a civilian. You need someone to get in the way when trouble starts. 


In the future I do plan to make a gang or force of converted 10 figures. For now I might prime a few more and paint them in different colours. 


Thanks for looking. Take Care Out There. 

1 comment:

  1. I like that Alice figure- it looks like she is armed with two kukris. She should be a bit brutal when things get up close and personal.

    ReplyDelete