Saturday 17 September 2022

K2I Goons

Hello and welcome back. 


The Kraptoidiots corporation is a tabletop creation of mine for Mattblackgod’s world from way back in 2006 or 2007. Originally using 40k Catachin figures from another project and a name stolen from Dogbert in a Dillbert comic strip. However I felt it needed a update as the figures seemed a little over armed for a non military group in a post apocalyptic setting. 

The only surviving corporation on Mattblackgod’s World is the Kraptoidiots corporation. Like their Galactic counterpart the corporation peddles all manner of highly addictive cheap junk. On MBW it’s mainly drugs. The goons protect the corporation’s shipments and factories from those out to save themselves some trade items. One drug they produce is “Boost” that the K2I Goons take in leu of payment which makes them aggressive and builds muscle. It also limits their intelligence somewhat. Boost is also wildly hallucinogenic and leaves many of the goons unhinged. This has earned them the nickname of “meatheads” among the wastelanders. 


K2I supply very addictive food & drugs to settlements across the wastelands. They bring such K2I “goodies” as Boost, Radi Brek (oatmeal that will give you that rest of life radioactive glow), Mutant Munch (deep fried crispy mutant bits) and Glowing Wonder (deep fried mutated slightly radioactive root vegi bits). They bring these things along with addiction, wild hallucinations, radiation sickness, temporary blindness, foaming at the mouth, spasms and the need for close proximity to a outhouse. Only the real desperate, insane or naive provide repeat custom to K2I. The K2I goons have recently started to “recruit”, press gang and kidnap people as slaves from smaller settlements to work in K2I facilities.

The K2I goons like to tattoo or scar themselves with the K2I logo to show their allegiance and devotion to the corporation. The K2I goons have become a kind of cargo cult believing that the great K2I corporation will return from the stars and liberate them from Mattblackgod’s world, carrying them into the stars as reward for their loyalty providing crap to idiots. 


I am using old Necromunda Goliaths as the K2I goons that I picked up on evilbay painted. Sadly the mould lines were not removed by the previous owner and as I was after a quick job I didn’t try to remove them. I gave the figures a wash, touch up and a rebasing to match the rest of my collection. 

I did try painting an old branding mark on one figure but I wasn’t happy with it. The rest got tattoos done with Posca marker pens. 



This figure was customised with a better weapon and armour. He will be the leader for now. I might add a (new) Necromunda Goliath as a boss. They are larger than the old Necromunda figures so make good boss figures. 


There is another Goliath I am working on. It appeared to have a Chaos Warrior’s arm with a axe. The axe had broken off so I have decided to convert it into a K2I standard bearer. Watch this space for future updates on this figure. 


For the Wild Galaxy setting I will probably go for a more serious looking security force to protect K2I installations (usually from angry customers rather than raiders, even Pirates and GELFs won’t touch K2I products willingly).


Thanks for looking, stay safe out there.

1 comment:

  1. Good work reclaiming minis from the lost world of Ebay.

    ReplyDelete