Saturday 17 August 2013

New Vault Dweller enters the Wastes

Another Vault opens and throws a scout out into the Wastes on some desperate quest. He is kitted in Combat Armour. 


The figure is a metal GW 40K Space Marine Scout. This figure was painted as part of the Big MeK's blog Speed painting contest.  From primed the figure had to be painted and based in 2 hours. I chose the figure as in my usual organised way I had not intended to have a go at the competition and the SM was the only primed figure I had knocking about. 

 I was surpirsed that it only took me just over an hour. Of course I forgot to base it. So I did that in the remaining time. Still scraped in, in under 2 hours. 

Sadly my Vault Dweller didn't make it in the competition ratings but I only entered as a bit of fun and to see if I could paint a figure in such a short space of time. There was some pretty amazing work entered and I am envious of some of skill some painters have. 



I have some more SM Scouts in the minis pile. I am guessing some extra Vault Dwellers will be arriving soon. Look out Wastelands....



No comments:

Post a Comment