Saturday 7 August 2021

After the world ends

Hello and welcome back.


I am looking at a book I picked up called “After the World Ends”.



I picked up this book from Kickstarter. It is a detailed list of post apocalyptic films from he mid 70s through to the mid 90s. It lists all the main films and even the awful Roadwarrior rip offs too. For me as a gamer, movies have always been a good source of inspiration so this book was a must for my book shelf.



The book gives a plot outline, facts and availability of each film. Many of which have now vanished. There are pictures of promo posters art and some movie stills too. Zombie movie fans will be disappointed as the book doesn’t cover them. 


In addition there is short essays covering each the components of a post apocalyptic movie from the era and films in a similar vein such as post apoc in space and the adult movie industry efforts. There are also producer, director and actor interviews.



I found the book to be an interesting read. It has given me a few game scenario and campaign ideas. I now have a list of films to track down to complete my collection. 



Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great book, deffianly something I would love to have back in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book looks excellent! Wish they did a Kindle version...

    ReplyDelete