Friday 27 August 2021

Fort Hardknox part 1

Hello and welcome back. 


A while back I pitched in for the all in Fort Hardknox Kickstarter by Fogou models. Every post apocalyptic wasteland Warlord needs a fortress to help them dominate the wastelands. 




The Fogou pieces are very nicely detailed set of resin bits for making a post apocalyptic fortress. I managed to get most of the pile primed last year. Last week I finally got up the inspiration to start painting some of the pieces. 



I began painting by hitting the brown portions such as the logs and dirt filling. This was followed by painting all the panels different colours to give a scrounged pile of metal plates. I suppose I could have speeded the process up by spraying the models with a metal colour and then just picked out the brown parts. The tops of the logs & ropes got a coat of sand. While the log’s bark got a light grey dry brush to make the details pop. These pieces then got a dark wash to tie them together. The metal plates were then dry brushed with chain mail to highlight the details. The corrugated plates on backs of the walls got some red-brown and orange washes to give them that rusty feel. The pieces then got a brown wash. 



After that had dried I added some rust patches to the plates and then some graffiti with Posca paint markers.




It’s a start, I still have a massive pile of stuff to paint in the Fort Hardknox pile to paint. 


Thanks for looking. 


Stay safe out there. 


1 comment:

  1. These look great. Will be nice to see the whole setup when its done.

    ReplyDelete