Friday 27 August 2021

Meet the Watchers

Hello and welcome back, 


Meet the watchers. 



The first few figures from the Horizon Zero Dawn set have been painted. I thought I would start with the first machines you encounter in the computer game, the watchers.


These are light recon machines that now act sentries for the herds. When encountering humans they will alert the other machines in the herd before launching an attack.



The HZD watchers painted up quickly. My only grumble is that the detail around the lens is a little weak. It needs building up. If I had the time I would be tempted to cut a slice of plastic tube to make a lens. Or maybe put some green stuff and try to sculpt a lens. I hope the head detail on the other machines aren’t as bad,


Watchers & other machines built by different factories (known as cauldrons) have different coloured patches unique to that cauldron. 


My plans for these figures are to use them in a Sci Fi setting as the machines of a terraforming system to be encountered on a lost world. Back on Mattblackgod’s world I am thinking of a large island where tribals and machines live. Either adventures take place on the island or maybe a expedition of Guardians or Black City people investigating the island. 


I guess I now need to crack on with the other Horizon Zero Dawn machines. 


Thanks for looking. Stay safe out there.

4 comments:

  1. I really like the watchers, but is that a Rogue Trader-era Techmarine in the background?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You are right, he is in the pictures for size. Hopefully it will also motivate me to put him away with my other Rogue Trader beakies.

      Delete
  2. They are pretty cool! And the Techmarine doesn't look out of place with them, hmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look good mate to me. Love the Techmarine as well. Proper old school!

    ReplyDelete