Saturday 7 August 2021

Fuel Storage Tank.

Hello and welcome back,




This fuel tank idea came from the Mad Max video game. I thought it would make a great line of sight blocker, objective or a tabletop hazard. I found a cheap mdf kit on eBay to make the tank frame. The tank itself is made from a old drinks can.




Once assembled the whole thing was primed grey. The paint on the tank was done with several red ink glazes using artists ink. I was trying something new and it turned out quite well. Some markings, graffiti and signs was added. I tried to copy the 7 sisters logo from the tanker in the Mad Max 2 film. 




Some weathering was added to finish it off. It was a quick and simple build which took me over two years to complete. I kept getting distracted and going off track. The curse of being a hobby butterfly.



Thanks for looking. 


2 comments: