Saturday 11 August 2018

Some WIPs....

Hello and Welcome back to my blog.

On to a couple of WIPs. 

I was excited to get the new Strontium Dogs game by Warlord Games. More for the miniatures and the fact I have been a huge fan of Johnny Alpha and the gang since I was a kid. 

They will slot nicely into the outer city of the newly returned Brittannia city state (I still have to write up a description of the city). Bounty hunters will be useful in maintaining law and order. Mattblackgod’s world is a Sci Fi Post Apocalyptic world so these guys will fit in nicely. 

I made a start by building the MDF terrain supplied. It is frontier world stuff so will fit in with my townships models. Bits of it may even turn up at a future Helsreach table. It will be good for other frontier world settings such as Firefly/Serenity. 


The house, tower and solar panels where easy to assemble. The wind farm/generator thing a total headache. 


Inspired by the models on Helsreach table I decided to start building a land train. I see these as slow moving large vehicles transporting large amounts of goods across the wastelands. Laying about the store room was two RC tanks from a toy set. These are well detailed. I stripped them down and now have a load of gubbins bits to use in models. 


The turrets have been removed and the raised part the mechanism which turned the turret removed. 


Next up will be building couplings, hatches and raised platforms. This is going to be a interesting build.


Thanks for reading & stay safe out there. 

3 comments:

  1. That Strontium Dogs scenery looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice terrain from the SD set. It is a bargain of a boxed set by the looks of it. The Land train seems like a cool idea. Looking forward to seeing that build come together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice job, love the terrain...

    ReplyDelete